The key roles of the Trust are to:
- Ensure the priorities in the Blairgowrie and Rattray Community Action Plan are delivered, reviewed, and updated on a regular basis with progress reported to the community
- Manage community land and assets for the benefit of the community and the public in general;
- Advance community development including urban or rural regeneration within the community;
- Advance environmental protection or improvement including preservation, sustainable development and conservation of the natural environment, the maintenance, improvement, or provision of environmental amenities for the community and/or the preservation of buildings or sites of architectural, historic, or other importance to the community;
- Deliver Trust services, manage projects and launch initiatives;
- Support and assist community groups, individuals, and volunteers to deliver projects and proposals;
- Raise community awareness of the exceptional local environment, culture, heritage, and history.